DracoKnight
If You See This You Are Not Logged Or Not A Member Please Register Or Log In Daily.
DracoKnight
If You See This You Are Not Logged Or Not A Member Please Register Or Log In Daily.

DracoKnight

Pokemon Forums Chat And WiFi Battling

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sinnoh's best: Sweepers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mewtwo007

mewtwo007

Sinnoh's best: Sweepers Empty
PostSubject: Sinnoh's best: Sweepers   Sinnoh's best: Sweepers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 am

The art of sweeping is a very delicate matter and can be gone about in various ways, whether through a choice item or stat boosts. personally, i prefer the latter. I compiled a list of Sinnoh's best sweepers, in my opinion. Enjoy Very Happy

Infernape
If you read my starters post, you already know my position on this monkey. It's one of the best mixed sweepers out there, and with stabs ideal for taking down the annoying skarmbliss wall duo... lets just say it works.

Rampardos
Now, i know what you're thinking here. What is Rampardos doing here? Hear me out. First of all, its base attack is obscene. and for all you Ninjask baton passers out there, this is arguably one of the best things to pass to. if can even set itself up with rock polish. When you're looking at 471 attack and 430 something speed after just one rock polish, it's pretty much good game for you unless you have super effective priority. It's a seldom seen threat, but in the right hands it wrecks shop.

Ambipom
Now, i know this isn't a straight sweeper, but i felt i couldn't go with out mentioning it. It is the best fake out lead available, and even after the fake out it still keeps going. My particular opinion is that the life orb variants are the most deadly, though some disagree. regardless, it's not so much a sweeper as a pokemon with the potential to sweep an unprepared team.

Garchomp
To uber or not to uber... that is the question. Garchomp is one of the best sweepers in gen 4, or any gen for that mater. with Great attack, great speed, stabs resisted by three pokemon in the whole game (bronzong, skarmory, shedinga) it is a great late or early-game sweeper. It has enough bulk to take a speced dragon pulse from a heatran, but enough speed to outrun most of its opposition. It is a great pokemon that every team should be ready for.

Lucario
Wow. Lucario is pure sweeper. it gets all sorts of fun boosting moves to play around with, and has great attacking stats and decent speed. It gets an amazing movepool, with just about every noteworthy attack at its disposal. A lucario is a great choice for a mixed, nasty plot, or swords dance sweeper.

Rhyperior:
The rocky beast, Rhyperior. With great potential in and out of sandstorm, Rhyperior is a force to be reckoned with. It get rock polish, swords dance, and curse. Its great power comes, however, at the cost of 6 weaknesses, 2 of them 4x. On the upside, solid rock lets t occasionally live some of the weaker super effective hits.

Electrivire
In my experience, this is the Sinnoh pokemon i see the most. Rightfuly so, also. Good speed that can be boosted with a little prediction, great attack, a nice movepool, everything about Electrivire points to sweeper.

Yanmega
These things scare me. A bulky Yanmega that is getting faster and faster every turn flinching me with air slash? ugh. anyways, Yanmega is a very solid sweeper choice, in part because of its great speed boost ability that lets it outrun everything except priority. I feel its worth noting that the tinted lens abiltiy is a great ability as well, but it is totaly outclassed by speed boost.

Porygon Z
Ah, the joys of 400 special attack. Porygon Z is amazing, well and truly. With adaptability, it hits all but three types in the game for essentially 2x damage.
It gets agility and nasty plot as well, just for the sake of overkill. I've read that a nasty-plot boosted hyper beam can 1hko a blissey, and I've proved it myself. If you can 1hko the best special wall in the game with a special move, doesn't that count for something?

Azelf
I round off this review with azelf. i have been seeing more and more Azelf leads nowadays, and i believe this resurgence is justified. It is pure power, with amazing base attack, special attack, and speed. On top of this, it gets nasty plot, complimenting its diverse movepool. So Azelf is worthy of the hype, its pretty damn awesome.

I hope you enjoyed the sinnoh sweepers review. If you think i missed any, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for the patience Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sephiron

PostSubject: Re: Sinnoh's best: Sweepers   Sinnoh's best: Sweepers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:27 pm

What about Roserade, Mismagius? confused
Back to top Go down
mewtwo007

mewtwo007

PostSubject: Re: Sinnoh's best: Sweepers   Sinnoh's best: Sweepers I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:10 pm

I completely for got about mismagius, sorry. I don't think roserade is one of the better pokemon that sinnoh produced, personally. But just for the sake of it, I'll talk about it too. Here are the bios:

Mismagius
Mismagius can't help but be compared to gengar. Though many people pick gengar, mismagius can be a solid choice as well. First of all, it packs calm mind and nasty plot. In addition, it has a greater supporting movepool than gengar does. all in all, it's a very good choice for any uu team or any time you want a sub-boosting ghost.

Roserade
I've tried and tried, but roserade had never really stood out for me. Despite making a reasonable toxic spikes/ sleep powder lead, it really doesn't have that much to go on. Granted, its special attack is respectable, but it is hindered by a limited movepool and merely passable speed. It also gets all the common weaknesses associated with the grass type, and is easily killed.

Thanks for commenting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
petermiami

petermiami

PostSubject: Re: Sinnoh's best: Sweepers   Sinnoh's best: Sweepers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:35 pm

hye meo2 i would like to have a Infernape with ivs of sp attack and speed and to have fire blast and calm mind and extrme speed and brick break that is all thank you man Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sinnoh's best: Sweepers   Sinnoh's best: Sweepers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sinnoh's best: Sweepers
Page 1 of 1